We bring you the NOISE

.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Let me introduce you to 'TheFatRat'

 Very welcome to another Noizebuster's interview. Today we have a special rodent  who is opening his way to the top from Germany. Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce you to TheFatRat 


Noizebusters: Would you mind introducing yourself to the readers and how would you describe your music?
TheFatRat: People call me “Ze german disco brazza in da glitchy electro house”

NB: what is your real name? and why did you choose the name TheFatRat like your musical name?
TFR: TheFatRat comes from my nickname in school. There I was just called “The Rat”. Don’t know exactly where it came from. Maybe from the fact that I was just hard to kill. But it might also be because of the length of my tail.
My real name? I really would love to tell you but I just forgot.

NB: What are your influences/music background and what or who might have played a role in shaping your sound?
TFR:I get a lot of inspiration from David Guetta. Whenever I do a track I ask myself: “What would David Guetta do now?” And then I do the exact opposite.

NB: Hahaha it is a damn good way! Because who didn't like the first Guetta? and who don't vomit with the actual Guetta? Do you prefer writing original tracks or remixing and why?
TFR: I prefer original tracks because the freedom is greater. Although it’s also a lot of fun to completely fuck up other peoples songs.

NB: If you could pick anyone, whom would you pick for your next collaboration?
TFR: GLaDOS

NB: Who introduced you in electro? Did you have any mentor to whom you want to say hello?
TFR: I grew up with electronic music in germany, where it has been popular for decades and I could not name anyone as my mentor. Although I learned a lot from Master Yoda when I watched Star Wars.

NB: He teached all of us the power of the force, great Master, better friend. Who is, in your opinion, the enemy public of music numer one?
TFR: Honestly: I don’t think there is ANY bad music out there. There is music I like and music that I don’t like of course. But we all should learn to tolerate other peoples taste.

NB: If your studio was on fire what would be the first thing to save?
TFR: My laptop is my studio. And if that is on fire, I don’t think there is anything to save...

NB: Who would you dream of sharing the stage with?
TFR: Dream? Freddy Mercury. Best performer ever in my opinion.

NB: Have you always been into electronic music or did you ever play in other kind of band?
TFR: Band, Choir, Jazzband, Orchestra. I’ve had it all. But EDM has been my big love for a long time already.

NB: Do you prefer working only with computers/sequencers or do you get your hands dirty playing and recording instruments? Do you use samples and what’s your opinion on sampling and copyright?
TFR: So far I did everything in the computer. But that might change at some point. About sampling and copyright: Everybody should think about “Would I like to be treated that way?”. In the end you gotta ask your conscience.

NB: What programms do you prefer to use: Ableton, Traktor,...? And why?
TFR: I work on Ableton now and it’s pretty cool. But I gotta say one thing. LOGIC SUCKS BIG TIME! I worked on it for 2 years and it was one of the worst decisions in my life.

NB: Good to know, and your favourite song, what is music for you?
TFR: “Somebody to love” from queen would be my favorite song. And for me, music is the language of our souls.

NB: we have a section called 'New memories' to talk about the most epic tracks and albums that everybody should listen at least once...so what is, in your opinion, the biggest one?
TFR: What really inspired me recently, was the remix that Knife Party did of Porter Robinsons Unison.

NB: And what would you say is the biggest music achievement so far?
TFR: In music history? Bach, for being the first guy who used all root Keys.

NB: are you introducing any new sounds in your compositions? any experimental style has a special influence in your songs?
TFR: I started to play around with Moombathon recently. Of course I gave it a funky disco flavor. Something like that might be on my next EP.

NB: Do you have any tour planned?
TFR: Not a real tour yet. But my first gigs are getting booked at the moment.

NB: We hope Madrid will be included in those gigs. What are you listening to lately? Any tracks/artists you recommend?
TFR: Noisia is just insane. I think if Beethoven would have had a DAW, he would have sounded like that.

NB: what is for you the most underestimated band in the electro music scene?
TFR: This guy here. I think he will be big soon:
Killed It - The Neck Breaker (Original Mix) by Killed It
 
Sounds great man! It was our pleasure to have you here and hope hear from you soon! Till then here our readers have a little bit of you your electro banger beats. Including your massive set on Ministry of Sound Radio last month and your last remix of 'Foster The People - Don't Stop'. Enjoy TheFatRat!!







3 comentarios:

S.Kleeman said...

Really like thefatrat's sound. Any contact info available? He would definitely kill down in SD.
Cheers

JFK said...

Booking/Press/Management:
Alex.Harrow@AndonArtists.com

Anonymous said...

What really is TheFatRat's real name?

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger