We bring you the NOISE

.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Let me introduce you to Owl Vision

Very welcome to our section 'Let me introduce you to'. Today we have the huge pleasure to have with us to Johannes Arnesson aka Owl Vision, who bring us a dose of killer sounds directly from Sweden. So let's begin..


Noizebusters: Hi Owl Vision! Would you mind introducing yourself to the readers and how would you describe your music?
Owl Vision: Hey, I'm Owl Vision and I make Death Electro music!

NB: You grabbed our attention with your track Moloch, a track that stands out in my opinion and a personal favorite. How did you come up with the idea for this track? Then we could watch the official video, awesome by the way, so how was working with with Kommak (director of the video) ?
OV: The idea for my tracks just kind of comes to me. It didn't happen in any particular way. But I actually had so much imagination during the making of "Moloch" that I made the track "Tophet" in the same run. Working with Kommak was great. He is so talented and he really listened to what I wanted for the video. I love the result!

NB: Yeah we love it too. So what are your influences/music background and what or who might have played a role in shaping your sound?
OV: I started making hard hip hop beats for rappers before I got into the electronic scene. But I kind of got tired of finding samples and making those type of beats. I wanted to do tracks from scratch so thats when I started to play on analouge synthesizers instead.
So, of course I listened a great deal to hip hop but before that I listened a lot to different types of metal.

NB: And if you could pick anyone for your next collaboration, whom would you pick?
OV: Hmmm, I'm open to all kind of styles when it comes to collabos so maybe Luke Steele (singer of Empire Of The Sun) or Tyler The Creator (rapper). That would be fun!

NB: What would you say is the most memorable on-stage/backstage moment and why? Whom would you dream of sharing the stage with?
OV: For me it's still when I replaced Uffie at one of Sweden's biggest festivals (Emmabodafestivalen) on the Ed Banger scene. That was a great opportunity for me and a great crowd. My show at the Arvika Festival that same year was also crazy!

I think The Prodigy would be really cool to play with! I've always been a big fan of them.

NB: Totally agree, play with The Prodigy would be amazing. Your new album was released last 25th October by Comorbid Records, and it is called "Zybersect", could you tell us a little bit more about it?
OV: It's my third full length album and it's (in my oppinion) the best so far. I'm happy with every track on this album and I'm loving to play them live. I'm starting to realize that I've made a whole lot of original tracks, haha.

NB: Hahaha yeah there are a lot of them. And are you involved in any other projects or do you produce music only as Owl Vision?
OV: Nope, nothing right now other than Owl Vision. I let myself go wide when I do remixes so that the sound stays new and interesting for me. I just recently remixed metal band "In Flames" and just before that I did a hip hop remix for rapper "Adam Tensta".


NB: Great remixes. So what are you currently working on? Should we expect to listen to an Owl vision release during 2012? Give the readers something to look forward to…
OV: There's always stuff in progress! I'm really looking forward to releasing my "In Flames" remix. Right now I'm working on my second remix for 80's electronica band "Futurecop!". More remixes coming up and more originals too as soon as I'm ready for that!

NB: We are looking forward those tracks, specially the one with "Futurecop!"
This Wednesday you will be in Madrid in Vendetta Club, have you ever been in Madrid or Spain before?
OV: Never been to Spain before but I'm looking forward to it! Seems like a really nice country.

NB: It is, you would love it. And now to finish..could you tell us what are you listening to lately? Any tracks/artists you recommend?
OV: I'll give you two tracks from the two artists that I've been listening to most this past week:
* Yazoo - Goodbye 70's
* Porter Robinson - Unison (Knife Party Remix)

                   
Porter Robinson - Unison (Knife Party Remix) by Porter Robinson

Thaks a lot for being with us! See you tomorrow night! And for our dear readers here we have "Zybersect"
Zybersect by Owl Vision

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger