We bring you the NOISE

.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Let me introduce you to Coucheron

Hi hi and hi and very welcome to the best site of electronic music interviews, and yeah we say that knowing that the rest of bloggs sucks and yeah we like to kiss our egocentric asses. Tonite joining us we have to a new dj and producer in the music global scene. A few months ago he was just a teenager, but now we present him to you like a man, a man that has shared the TOP 5, of releases on beatport, with electronic giants like Knife Party, Afrojack or Wolfgang Gartner. We listen music all the time, we make music and we can assure to you..this guy has a natural talent for it and he is full of energy. So turn up the music just a little bit, before your ancient neighbours start to scream, and listen to COUCHERON




Noizebusters: Hey and welcome Coucheron. First of all would you mind introducing yourself to the readers and how would you describe your music?
Coucheron: 18 year old producer based in Asker, Norway. I make thousands of electronic noises everyday, glue them together and throw them out online for the whole world to hear! The finished product usually gets described as electro-fidgety-godlike house with hints of distortion and sounds you are likely to hear in a nintendo-game.
My hair is really curly sometimes.

NB: Really? Also your hair? I thought i was the only one...anyway let's continue talking about music, we will talk later in private about hair. So what is your real name? and why did you choose the name Coucheron like your musical name?
C: Sebastian Kornelius Gautier Teigen is my real name, but I discovered the name Coucheron somewhere down the line of my ancestors. I like to believe it's a cool story, but at least it isn't another italian surname i just added for the sake of sounding italian (like most house-musicians tend to have for some reason)...

NB: Everything in italian sounds bello. What are your influences/music background and what or who might have played a role in shaping your sound?
C: I played and wrote songs in a rock band around the age of 12. My sense of progressing chords definitely derives from this era of my life.

NB: Do you prefer writing original tracks or remixing and why?
C: Tricky! I rarely use anything but the vocals from the original songs I remix, and working with a great acapella that matches your current ideas of music can be really satisfying. Besides, vocals often help you get to the goal on a track you are stuck at. However, you obviously don't get the same freedom in remixes as you get in original compositions. The feeling of creating something you truly love completely from the ground is really good!

NB: Presh the play button, down in this post, you dear reader and get an idea about how satisfying  are his remixes. And returning to our guest: If you could pick anyone, whom would you pick for your next collaboration?
C: Perhaps Lights, Danni Rouge or Amba Shepherd. All of them are incredible voices. Or The Beatles. Or Spencer & Hill.

NB: The Beatles would be the sweetest choice, good luck travelling to the past.. And who introduced you in electro? Did you have any mentor to whom you want to say hello?
C: I was all rock'n'roll before "Guru Josh Project - Infinity" came out in 2008. I hated all dance-music before that one came out. Through that song I started joking around on a piece of software called FL Studio (which I still use to this date). One thing led to another, I started listening to Spencer & Hill, and here I am.
In terms of mentoring, I'd like to thank YouTube.

NB: Ah YouTube..how many childhoods were saved thanks to it? Who is, in your opinion, the enemy public of music numer one?
C: I am able to enjoy most music in some tiny way (yes, even Justin Bieber!). But Pitbull, oh boy, I can't stand that guy.

NB: All our readers will agree with you about that 'man'. If your studio was on fire what would be the first thing to save?
C: I would watch it burn to the ground and post it on Instagram with funny effects. My studio looks like this (click HERE) so it would be an amazing sight. I'd probably try to save my M-audio Axiom Pro, though, the rest is shitty, easily replaceable or stored in the clouds.

NB: But let's talk about your new remix in the Lt Wee - Don't Stop The Beat. After over 10000 plays in just 10 days we can say without fear of error that Coucheron is on fire! Any message to your followers?
C: On fire indeed! Message would be "Thank you to everyone who listened to it!". There was great fun and hard work involved with the track so the support is incredibly rewarding.





NB: Who would you dream of sharing the stage with?
C: Deadmau5.

NB: Play music since the top of his inverted pyramid seems quite an experience. Have you always been into electronic music or did you ever play in other kind of band?
C: Played in a silly rock band, with titles like "Johnny Likes Pie" and "I don't like your shirt because it's too fat for my ass". Reaaaally mature stuff.

NB: Sounds like the tittle of something mature indeed. Are you in any label right now?
C: My releases are distributed through different labels, no attachments, but you will hopefully hear more releases at Bazooka.

NB: Do you prefer working only with computers/sequencers or do you get your hands dirty playing and recording instruments? Do you use samples and whatís your opinion on sampling and copyright?
C: 99,9% of my productions involve working with computers, the rest is small bits of guitar and piano. I believe analog or digital is same shit, but working with analog equipment changes the workflow drastically, so it makes sense to me that some are analogue-heads.
I totally for sampling to some extent. Assembling small bits and pieces of older works is simply cool and shouldn't offend anyone. Appreciated if anything. Taking advantage of other's creativity, however, is nasty.

NB: what programms do you prefer to use: ableton, traktor,...? And why?
C: I use FL Studio 10 for most of my producing needs. I know there's a LOT of debates going on concerning FL Studio's legitimacy as a DAW. I would never talk trash about other musicians preferences. A piece of software that fits you great might not be the perfect software for others. It's that simple. If the result is good, then who gives a shit whether you used Logic or friggin Microsoft Word. REALLY.
Anyways, I use Ableton for making edits, mixtapes and such and Serato for live purposes at the moment, along with my Numark NS7 (yeah, it has a sync button, what you gonna do about it?)

NB: You can go to the top with a sync button, there you have to Guetta. Your favourite song, and what is music for you?
C: Favourite song… Daft Punk - Digital Love. The guitar solo still gives me a slight erection.

NB: Agree, agree and AGREE! (Click here to see The 5tory of the 5ecret 5tar 5ystem)
We have a section called 'New memories' to talk about the most epic tracks and albums that everybody should listen at least once...so what is, in your opinion, the biggest one?
C: These types of questions always leave me frustrated when I figure out that I've chosen wrong songs. You can't go wrong with these, though:
Most epic track: Röyksopp (feat. Robyn) - The Girl and the Robot (Spencer & Hill Remix)
Most epic album: Mew - Frengers

        

NB: Nice selection. And what would you say is your biggest music achievement so far?
C: It feels like I haven't even started my career yet, but I remember seeing my EP at #3 on the Beatport Electro House "Top releases this week"-chart. I'd imagined it would sell 0 copies, so seeing my first original release neatly squeezed in between Knife Party and Feed Me on that chart was weird (fun weird).
Playing at Skrillex' after party was pretty insane too. When Skrillex is standing next to you, it's hard not to look like an idiot.

NB: Are you introducing any new sounds in your compositions? any experimental style has a special influence in your songs?
C: Although not so evident in my songs, I tend to get a lot of inspiration from french musicians like SebastiAn, Mr. Oizo and Justice.
Psychedelic pop acts like Animal Collective and Toro Y Moi also inspires me.

NB: Do you have any tour planned?
C: Not yet, school's a hassle. Stay tuned, though; there will be soon and I'm brainstorming on fun ways to bring my ideas out to the road, so if you ever happen to be nearby one of my shows, do not hesitate to drop by and si "HI!".

NB: What are you listening to lately? Any tracks/artists you recommend?
C: Tyler the Creator, Lemaître, Gorillaz, Wolfgang Gartner (Make sure to get a solid doze of Wolfgang frequently. It's good for you), and Madeon.

NB: All doctors recommend a diary dose of Wolfgang, and it is a fact. what is for you the most underestimated band in the electro music scene?
C: Lemaitre. They are extremely talented Norwegian friends of mine, you should check them out!

NB: We know them pretty well, but if you reader don't know what this is all about just click here.
Something else youíd like to mention and we forgot to ask? or any funny anecdote?
C: If you read this whole interview, THANKS. If I have your attention at this point, I'm also assuming you have NOTHING else to do, so head over to my SoundCloud for lots of fun stuff to listen to!
Hi mom! I'm on the internet!

You totally are man. Our huge pleasure to introduce a little bit of you and your work to the world. Now it is their turn to follow you and support you, but they will do for sure after hearing some of Coucheron's sound








3 comentarios:

Anonymous said...

Great interview Coucheron!!!!
FETT :D

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

an exeptional interesting guy that will be one of the greatest artist in the world within 5 years!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger