We bring you the NOISE

.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Let me introduce you to K12

Hi and very welcome again to our section 'Let me introduce you to'. We had not had interviews for a few weeks but the wait has been worth it. Yesterday we interviewed to Antichrist, and today we are back and have the huge pleasure of ontroduce you to  K12...not just another french producer!


Noizebusters: We use to begin our interviews with a little introduction and, and how would you describe your music?
K12: Hey there, I'm K12, one of many french producers !!! How can I describe it in few words ?? I would answer diversity.
Cause I try very hard to make every new track sounding different from the pasts. Moving between many music styles as electro, dubstep, drumstep, dnb, moombahton etc...

NB: You grabbed our attention with your track The Bridge. A track that stands out in my opinion and a personal favorite. How did you come up with the idea for this track?
K12: I usually gets inspiration from other tracks that I picked up from many many others. Generally cause I think they got something special ! Something interesting and different from the mass.
For exemple, the bridge was inspired by a track from Lazy Rich that used kind of the same bitcrushed wobble bass. So I reproduced something quite similar and made it my way ! Its simple as that.

NB: But tell us a little bit about your origins, what are your influences and who might have played a role in shaping your sound?
K12: I never had music classes neither any "formation". I'm just a pationate person who try to live the dream ! About the sound shape, I would say that it has evolved a lot and you can be sure its going to evolve even faster. You just have to follow the movement. If you're stuck on what you can do... You're gona be outdated soon !

NB: If you would have to choose...to make original tracks or remixes?
K12: Regarding to my soundcloud, the answer is "Original" !! I sometimes do some remix for friends or exceptionally for great opportunities.
But producing and remixing is really different. I'm a producer and so my remix often looks like originals and have no way related to the originals !!

NB: Let's say that you could pick anyone, whom would you pick for your next collaboration?
K12: THE CLAMPS. We met a few weeks ago. He lives in toulouse, so we can work on heads'up. We already collaborate on GameOver EP. But we are already working on a next one together.

NB: Who is, in your opinion, the enemy public of music numer one?
K12: For the moment, the one I really admire are Knife Party. Very innovative sound. I'm totally into it and thats what I'm looking to achieve for the next tracks.

NB: Totally agree man, they couldn't be more on fire. But continue talking about you, are you involved in any other projects or do you produce music only as K12?
K12: K12 is already taking me so much time. I've got no management and no-one to help me out there ! I have to produce, promote and manage. Answering the emails is now requiring at least an hour every single day. Some choose to forget about it and dont reply to people. I prefer not to ! People is the reason of all those listens, likes, ... Replying is the least I can do !
But let's talk about your new EP called Gameover. How was collab with The clamps? We have just heared the preview of Gameover and SlowMo, and we already love them. Could you tell us a little bit more about Gameover? Maybe some special new the readers..
Everything was just perfect. We've the same pation, the same expectations. So this is just the beginning !

NB: We know you have a lot of music achievement, but what would you say is the biggest so far?
K12: I'm never satisfied !! Always moving on is the rule !

NB: And apart of  The Clamps, who would you dream of sharing the stage with?
K12: This is also supposed to change very soon ! But for the moment I would say Knife Party again.

NB: What would you say is the most memorable on-stage/backstage moment and why?
K12: There no best moment ! I just love when you feel the connection between you and the public. Its of course much more impressive when this is happening on a huge stage with tons of lights.

NB: So let's back to your musical past...have you always been into electronic music or did you ever play in other kind of band?
K12: I tried a couple musical project with friends in high-school. Like almost everyone at this age !
But nothing really valuable !

NB: Do you prefer working only with computers or do you get your hands dirty playing and recording instruments? Do you use samples and what’s your opinion on sampling and copyright?
K12:Comp only ! the old fashion of using machines and instrument is quite outdated. And today, there is so many virtual instruments that work much better than any actual synths. Thats my opinion of course.
And about the samples. Everyone is using samples today. There are just two categories for me. The one that use the samples creatively and those who just put them together randomly just to try achieving what they could never do with a synth.
No need to say wich one I am ! Of course i do samples. But this is never these samples that make the athmosphere of the tracks. I would be to ashamed to simply use somebody's work without regards.

NB: This is a typical question all of our guest have to answer man, so if your studio was on fire what would be the first thing to save?
K12: Hard drives of course. But I would try to save everything.

NB: We want to know about your music taste..your favourite song, and what is music for you?
K12: There so many. I couldn't tell ^^ And what is music ? Seriously i dont know. Its expressing feelings using air vibrations. I dont know. I could talk about this for years !

NB: What are you currently working on? Apart of Gameover, should we expect to listen to an K12 release or live shows during 2012? Give the readers something to look forward to…
K12: Of course there will be things to happen ! Some collabs are on the way. Of course some new "K12 only" tracks. Shows of course ! Italy and france in january confirmed for the moment.
Austria to be confirmed in feb. A french tour in almost 30 cities from feb to June. Then the canadian tour #2 for june. Maybe with an US extension this time. And finally I'm thinking about an Australian tour for the next winter.

NB: We know you are signed in Burn The Fire, any other label at the moment?
K12: Many ^^ I couldnt list them all this would be uninteresting. But the most important for the moment is Burn The Fire. I also get a contact with Play Me rec to be followed for the future releases.

NB: Please we would like if you could recommend us some music you are listening to lately. Any new artiststo our future post?
K12: I'm gona be recurrent ! But once again Knife Party ! They last EP is just driving me crazy ^^

NB: And  I'm gona be recurrent too..Killer band! Something else you’d like to mention and we forgot to ask? or any funny anecdote?
K12: 2012 - K12 ?? Maybe there is something related ? I'll let you go on this little meditation (I'm kidding its just crap !!) But lets hope this coincidence to be rewarding !!!!!
See U guyz ! and thanks everybody to keep making me live the dream !

And again i have to say that it was a huge pleasure, we hope hear from you soon man
To understand better Philippe's music here you have some of their tracks. Turn up the volume!






RELEASED

2 comentarios:

SPRTN said...

This guy is fucking incredible !

Anonymous said...

Agree, he's the man!!!

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger