We bring you the NOISE

.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Wolfgans Gartner - "Weekend in America"

With "Weekend in America", his debut full-length for Ultra Music, is Wolfgang Gartner becoming dance music’s one-man parallel universe.

His new album out today on Beatport and Itunes. But if don't you wanna pay for them just click each name on the tracklist!
1. GET EM (FEAT. EVE)
2. SPACE JUNK
3. MENAGE A TROIS
4. CIRCUS FREAKS (FEAT. JIM JONES & CAM’RON)
5. 818
6. FOREVER (FEAT. WILL.I.AM.)
7. THE WAY IT IS
8. SHRUNKEN HEADS
9. STILL MY BABY (FEAT. OMARION)
10. ILLMERICA
11. THE CHAMP
12. WELCOME BACK (BONUS TRACK)
13. COGNITIVE DISSONANCE (BONUS TRACK)
Wolfgang Gartner - Weekend In America (Bonus Track Version)



A now a few words from W.G. about "Weekend in America"

“One of my mantras is that I have a responsibility to advance the genre. If I’m capable of doing something I’ve never done before, I feel like I have to use that ability, because there are not many people who do - or can. I have to push myself real real hard to do it. That’s something that’s really surfaced with this record,” he admits. Gartner’s work ethic is mythical amongst even his most storied contemporaries: Make music all week. Play it out all weekend. His DJ sets - and this speaks to a combination of prolificness, personal taste and a proven track record - are almost entirely made up of edits of his own work. Then again, when you spend 20 hours a day working on music..

“Rap music is actually all I listen to when I can just listen to music, like in my car. I spend so much time listening to dance music, rap is something I can just enjoy,” Wolfgang Gartner explains. “I’m not trying to do all these collaborations with rappers to be trendy,” he adds. “I reached out to each of them to make sure they were down and understood where I was coming from. I honestly like hip-hop almost as much as I like dance music, so it’s a perfect combination.”

For Wolfgang Gartner, the introverted empath spending thousands of hours in isolation making these tracks that will connect him to tens, even hundreds of thousands of people at a time, Weekend In America is party-rocking speaker-freq’-ing as self-realization. “I can imagine it and I know something amazing that’s never been heard before is possible. Occasionally it’s even something I can already hear in my head and that’s why I have to make this music.”

*EXTRA* 

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger